This week features part 2 of my award winning Cookie Butter Cake! Between the layers of Cookie Butter Pound Cake from Part 1, were layers of White Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondies! Since you probably aren't making a cake for a contest which was three layers of cake, two layers of blondie, and decorated with fondant, this post will simply contain a recipe for a 8x8" tray of blondies which will be equally as delicious.
White Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondies
From: Two Peas and Their Pod
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup Cookie Butter Spread
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 8x8" baking dish in cooking spray
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the Cookie Butter until creamy and combined. Set mixture aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add the egg to the Cookie Butter mixture and stir until smooth. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture into prepared dry ingredients, and mix until batter is smooth. Fold in white chocolate chips.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared pans, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
Note: I used a pan that has individual cavities for bars so yours will look a little different!