Cookies + Cream Cookies
When I launched my new website I made the tough decision to delete some of my old blog entries. The photos encapsulated a time in my life when I would zoom in on every glaze, chip, and crumble and justify closeness as a good picture; however, in reality these photos were low-quality, out of focus, and horribly mis-colored.
Many of these recipes I wrote from scratch and associated with fond memories and abandoning the content felt like ripping the pages out of a beloved diary. But I wanted to look at these deleted recipes as an opportunity. I rarely make a baked good twice unless it's REALLY good, but I wanted to take the time to revisit some of my old favorites. Given a second chance, I could tweak and improve and that's exactly what I did with these Cookies + Cream Cookies (formally known as "Ore-Oh-My-Gosh Cookies")
The original entry was posted in April of 2011. I added Oreo pudding mix to the batter, and folded in semi-sweet chocolate chips and chunks of cookies+cream bars. My improved recipe features crushed mini-Oreos in the batter, dark chocolate chunks instead of semi-sweet chips, and the addition of white chocolate chips. The smell on these was overwhelmingly cookies+cream - it was intoxicating and delicious. I'm so happy I got a chance to revisit this recipe and am planning a second look on a few others soon!
Cookies + Cream Cookies
level of difficulty: easy
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package instant Oreo Pudding mix
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup crushed Oreos (the to-go cup of mini Oreos is perfect amount)
2 Hershey's Cookies N Creme candy ars broken into small pieces
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in pudding mix until blended.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix to combine.
6. Fold in crushed Oreos, cookies and creme pieces, dark chocolate chunks, and white chocolate chips.Batter will be thick.
7. Scoop tablespoon sized balls on to cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly brown. You do not want to over-bake these!
8. Let cookies cool and set for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack.
Photos by: Zac Wolf Photography